Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fatherly Love

Lately God has been revealing to me a deeper "Fatherly Love". What I mean by that is He is showing me a even more of how much He loves me as His daughter.

Now I have always felt this love but He is giving me even more of it. This semester I have been focusing on my prayer life. I have been keeping a journal which is something I have tried many times before but have never kept up with it. As I write in this journal I have begun to feel bad/guilty for making request to my Lord. I feel guilty to lift things up to Him because I feel so unworthy to ask Him things. However, He has shown me that He wants me to give Him all my heart and to do that includes asking Him for things that are on my heart. He doesn't care that I don't deserve it...He doesn't care that I fall WAY short EVERYDAY. He WANTS to love me. As I've been reading and in devotions God has pointed out to me that others have asked for their heart's desires. In fact, God sometimes asked them what they wanted.

God has used my relationship with my daddy as a way to reveal His love to me. I have the best dad ever. My dad will do anything for me no matter what. I have done nothing to deserve my daddy's love nor have I always treated him the way I should. However, my dad loves me and wants to give me the things I desire. This is how God is. The difference though is God is the only one powerful enough to be able to give me all the desires of my heart and the only one knowledgeable enough to know what is best for my life.

I know this probably doesn't make too much sense and your probably reading this thinking duh she just realized that, but I have just never felt this deep of a love from God in this way. I feel Him telling me to come to Him...I feel his comfort and peace no matter how busy my day is. I feel so blessed and at the same time so unworthy. I can not put into words how thankful I am that I serve a God who loves me and wants to have a relationship with someone so undeserving.

So lately I have been trying to lift ALL my heart to Him in prayer. After all He already knows my heart and is just waiting on me to give it to Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you